Monday 9 February 2009

Feeling Flat

On Tuesday last week I was taught how to give myself an injection of Growth Hormone that I need to stimulate the growth of my Stem Cells before their harvest next Monday. What a horrible feeling when you have a needle held against your skin.
On Friday last week I attended my blood clinic as usual. Everything went well untill I was told that I was Neutrapenic. (very low or next to no immune system). I had two options available to me. 1. go staraight home and avoid crowded places, pubs, shops and any one who might have an infection. or 2. Don't go home and be admited to the sterile ward that i left on Saturday the week prior. There was no choice, I went home.
At my Stem cell Harvest today, I had my bloods taken again. This time I was told that my CD34 count (??) was low and they would not have the harvest at this point. I had to double the dose of my Growth Hormone Injections and return at 8.00am on Wednesday 11th. Only two days time but i cant help feeling flat, crap. let down......

No comments: