Sunday 1 February 2009

Been There and Done It!

I have been in Hospital for three days not four as I was expecting (there is always a bonus). It took ages on Thursday to start the treatment but at 4.00pm start it they did. Another line was inserted to my hand and a piggyback (two outlets) attached. as well as a piggyback attached to my Hickman line.
Now this is where it gets confusing. one of the bags had to go through in 22hours, one in 5hours, one in sixhours and one in 2hours. Each time the machine alarm went off i buzzed a nurse and they attached another bag.
Anyway on Saturday after being hooked up to this drip machine for 48hours the nurse remooved the last bag and the line in my hand. flushed my Hickman line and said he would return in about an hour. He didn't but a nice young nurse called Kelly did. she took blood from my Hickman and flushed it again and said when the results come back they would call the doctor.
Doctor arrives at 4,00pm saturday, asks if i feel dizzy or any feelings of being sick. I answer no to both questions. Good he said. How would you like to go home. Just need some anti-biotics from pharmacy then off you go. (good job home is on speed dial on my mobile).

No comments: