Sunday 4 March 2012

Happy Birthday to me. My Stem Cells are Three

Three years ago today I had my Stem Cell Transplant and that was the day that I started to get better. The early days after my Transplant were heavy going and not very pleasant but from the day that I was released from hospital 17days after my transplant I have steadily become stronger and stronger. 
I cant run up stairs two at a time, I can't run  marathon but why would I want too. I can walk quite well now, I still wobble from time to time.Stairs are still a bit of a problem for me. Sometimes I have a little sprint in my step, often commented on by my friend. 
This last week or so I have felt tired and weary, But that is mainly down to my B12 injection being due. I had them on Friday and by Saturday I noticed the difference, I wasn't sleepy mid afternoon and managed to go all day without a snooze. 
Thursday Coming the 8th is my next hospital appointment at clinic. I am anxious about it a little bit more than usual, probably due to the problems that I had with explanations at the last one. But I haven't had any phone calls from the doctor so in my book no news is good news.
Today is to say that three years on, I feel good. I feel stronger and I know that tomorrow I will feel stronger still.  

No comments: