Sunday 1 January 2012

Jools Rools

I went with a friend to see Jools Holland at the City Hall in Newcastle. It was the Wednesday before Christmas. We had the seats we wanted with the best view, I'm not telling you exactly where or else you will all want them and when we want to go next I won't be able to get the seats.
Anyway in we went the seats we like are upstairs so now for my mountain climb. Four big flights of stairs and quite steep. As usual I was conscious of people around me and me slowing them up, or worse they are thinking bad things about me having to be helped up them still.' Forget about  other people'. I was told they aren't looking and to be honest they weren't its just in my head. 
I got to the top in quick time, I think that I must hold the world record for assisted ascent of the stairs while clipping everyone of them with my right foot. It still doesn't like going up stairs. I have scraped all the polish off the toe of my right shoe. I wonder if you can buy shoes with on left shoe and two right ones, surly someone must do them like that. 
We got to the top in pretty quick time, then I had one of them forgetful moments. Instead of turning left and climbing four more stairs to our seats as we should have done. I said it' this way and headed for the door through which we could see seats, lots of them. But not the ones we wanted, nope the way I had taken us meant we had to walk through between some rows of seats to find stairs that were almost as many as the last two flights I had come up. When we eventually got to our seats I was shattered and pleased I could sit down. But like my friend said. 'You almost ran up those stairs, this time you didn't  have to stop on the way up either'.  
The house lights went down the warm up act came on and he was very good, then after a while Jools Holland came on. He was fantastic my feet never stopped tapping all night long. I even managed to stand up and boogie woogie a couple of times. we had so much room we could spread our legs out, a few times I was almost horizontal. (Much to the jealousy of the tall man opposite who could hardly fit into the space between his seat and the one in front. He left his coat on all the way through the concert too, he probably couldn't move once he was sitting down). I don't think Jools minded me being stretched out, we could still see him. 
When the concert finished we waited as we usually do until everyone had left, so that I could go downstairs without holding anyone up. More damage to my shoes on the way down. I will have to look for that supplier that gives one left and two right shoes.We had a short walk to the car then a slow drive back. we had a fantastic night. 
  




   

No comments: