Wednesday 29 September 2010

Glucose Tolerance Test

My glucose tolerance test came around quickly. I had to fast from 8pm last night until my test finished around 10.45 this morning.
The nurse took my blood then made me drink what tasted like liquid sugar then asked me to wait in the waiting room for two hours until she next took my blood. I asked why wait so long. Its to make sure you just sit and don't do any exercise or work off the glucose while you are working.
Sitting in a doctors surgery for two hours isn't much fun. coughs colds, splutters moans and groans. I wonder if she knew about my compromised immune system. You get some funny looks as people go in and out of the surgery and your name isn't being called out.
All I have to do now is wait for the results. Another week of waiting for results.

No comments: