Thursday 13 November 2008

Protein Levels

I had an appointment with my consultant today. Beforehand I went through the usual blood test, then waited for the lab to process my blood before seeing the consultant. (The whole process takes less than an hour).

When I saw the consultant he wasn't looking at my notes nor was he writing, which is unusual. Instead he asked me how I was feeling. I told him that I felt fine. That this week I seemed to have a load of energy, not quite where I was this time last year but feeling good.

He said that was good and shared my blood results with me (again this was unusual as he has only ever said that he is pleased with the way things are going).

In April when I was first diagnosed my protein levels were 47.3mg and now they are down to 12.7mg. So my consultant is dancing for joy. We are both happy that I have responded so well to treatment in such a short time. However, he did say that I will be on the CTD programme for another four cycles. (each cycle last three weeks).

No comments: